Rich's Musings

This blog is a collection of thoughts about teaching journalism and how I teach journalism at Cerritos College.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, CA

Rich Cameron has been the chair of the Journalism program at Cerritos College since 1997. He teaches a variety of journalism classes and advises the school newspaper, the Talon Marks. Prior to 1997 he taught at West Valley College in northern California for more than 16 years. He has also taught at Reedley and Merced community colleges.

For more information about Rich or Cerritos College journalism, go to the department's home page.


Subscribe to the RSS feed for Rich's Musings and let your browser tell you when I add it.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Blogging and journalism classes

It's mid-summer and I just ended my summer school day class --the online class still has a couple of weeks to go-- so it is time to start thinking about next school year. Big in my thoughts is how to incorporate the concept of blogging into my journalism classes.

computerI tried an experiment in the newswriting class last semester that really did not work, but it was start. (See the entries way down below.) We also had more luck in starting some blogs in association with talonmarks.com, but the semester ended shortly after we started.


As I'm starting my research, I ran across this interesting article. Other community college journalism instructors should read it, too, as should Cerritos journalism students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home