Rich's Musings

This blog is a collection of thoughts about teaching journalism and how I teach journalism at Cerritos College.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, CA

Rich Cameron has been the chair of the Journalism program at Cerritos College since 1997. He teaches a variety of journalism classes and advises the school newspaper, the Talon Marks. Prior to 1997 he taught at West Valley College in northern California for more than 16 years. He has also taught at Reedley and Merced community colleges.

For more information about Rich or Cerritos College journalism, go to the department's home page.


Subscribe to the RSS feed for Rich's Musings and let your browser tell you when I add it.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Monday, September 25, 2006

Want to play a game?

A fellow journalism instructor at another community college hurled a criticism my way this weekend for all I write about the role of new media in journalism. Good instructor, but like many may be behind the times a bit. Not only have I tasted the new media Kool-aid, but I'm worried that I need to start gulping the stuff to catch up.

Kids playing video gamesFor some time I've been thinking that with the shift of young audiences from news to online games that the next step will be to incorporate news delivery into games. I've been told it is in the works. Here's the latest salvo: Nintendo intends to introduce its next game control unit with the weather channel incorporated. If a big rich company like Nintendo thinks that gamers who would rather stay glued to their hand controls need to know the whether can real news be far behind?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home