Rich's Musings

This blog is a collection of thoughts about teaching journalism and how I teach journalism at Cerritos College.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, CA

Rich Cameron has been the chair of the Journalism program at Cerritos College since 1997. He teaches a variety of journalism classes and advises the school newspaper, the Talon Marks. Prior to 1997 he taught at West Valley College in northern California for more than 16 years. He has also taught at Reedley and Merced community colleges.

For more information about Rich or Cerritos College journalism, go to the department's home page.


Subscribe to the RSS feed for Rich's Musings and let your browser tell you when I add it.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My students are getting creative again: Pt 2

As I reported in my earlier blog entry, my students were getting creative again in putting together a poster ad.

News-Man poster ad simulates X-Men posterTheir latest entry is a takeoff on the X-Men:The Last Stand movie and one of the posters used to promote the movie. In my students' version it becomes News-Men: Be A Part of the New Stand. They entered it in last weekend's JACC Bring-In Ad competition and won an honorable mention. The contest called for an ad promoting the school's journalism program. While it may well have been the most ambitious entry in the lot, I suspect judges either didn't get the tie-in or thought it was a little esoteric, or both.

I think I look more like Citizen Kane that Professor Xavier, but still, I'm proud of them. I really like the various editors shown in character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home